We design all of our Open Web Joists Flooring Systems using Mitek Posi-Joists.
Open web joists, (also known as open metal web joists) are another common way to structurally frame an upper floor in a residential building. They are also commonly used in flat roofs for both domestic and commercial buildings.
Donaldson Timber Engineering design and manufacture the MiTek Posi-Joist system. Open web joists are manufactured using TR26 structural graded timber for the flange along with the Mitek Posi-Strut Steel Web.
The major benefit of metal web joists is the open web which allows easy installation of the plumbing and electrical services. Furthermore, by combining the lightness of timer with the strength of the Posi-Strut Steel Web, it creates a joist that is capable of spanning greater distances than a traditional I-Joist.
Advantages of Open web joists
- Well suited for MHVR system, giving more flexibility within design and installation
- Extremely quick and easy to install
- Make installation of services easier, simple and cheaper
- Precision-manufactured almost eliminating the need for site alterations
- Reduced site wastage
- Environmentally sustainable
Get in touch with our team at Donaldson Timber Engineering today to find out if Posi-Joist is right for your next project.